Free places – 2 year olds

Unlike the 3 -4 year old’s funding the funding for 2 year old’s is means and status tested. Currently, funding eligibility is likely if you receive one or more of the following benefits:

  • Working Tax Credits and have a household income according to the eligibility threshold
  • The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
  • Income Support
  • Income based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Support through part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act
  • The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit and have an annual household income of no more than the current threshold 
  • There is a statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an education, health and care plan*
  • A child is eligible for Disability Living Allowance*
  • A child has left the care of the local authority under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order *
  • A child looked after by a local authority* (e.g foster care)

Your child will be entitled to a free place from the term after their second birthday. You can check if your child is eligible for a place from the beginning of the term when your child turns two. Please access the Government website to see if you’re eligible. 

What Happens if I want Just the Free Entitlement?

Wiggles & Giggles accept ‘stand alone’ Government funded hours so please contact us for availability. We believe strongly that all children should be able to access the same opportunities for a good start in their learning journey.