Unlike the 3 -4 year old’s funding the funding for 2 year old’s is means and status tested. Currently, funding eligibility is likely if you receive one or more of the following benefits:
- Working Tax Credits and have a household income according to the eligibility threshold
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support through part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit and have an annual household income of no more than the current threshold
- There is a statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an education, health and care plan*
- A child is eligible for Disability Living Allowance*
- A child has left the care of the local authority under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order *
- A child looked after by a local authority* (e.g foster care)
Your child will be entitled to a free place from the term after their second birthday. You can check if your child is eligible for a place from the beginning of the term when your child turns two. Please access the Government website www.childcarechoices.gov.uk to see if you’re eligible.
What Happens if I want Just the Free Entitlement?
Wiggles & Giggles accept ‘stand alone’ Government funded hours so please contact us for availability. We believe strongly that all children should be able to access the same opportunities for a good start in their learning journey.