Families and Wiggles & Giggles – working together
Essential to our success is the relationship between us and parents and carers. This relationship is crucial to the well being, development and progress of your child. During your time here at the nursery we will encourage and promote a two way flow of information, knowledge and expertise. The more we know about you and your child and the more you know about us, the more successful we will be in creating a partnership that is fully supportive of your child.
There is a considerable amount of information that needs to be acquired, documented and reviewed and we will try to make this process as simple as possible. So how will we pass on and exchange this information with you? Most of the day to day dialogue will be face to face, by phone or email. Our email system is monitored by management throughout the day and we normally can get back to you within a few hours. Anything more urgent, then just pick up the phone. Each playroom has its own outside line and extension to the office, so there’s no running up and down stairs.
Apart from the usual forms of communication we have a variety of other ways of keeping in touch and letting you know what’s happening in your child’s nursery life, such as:
- Your child’s Memories & Milestones Book.
- The parent and carer notice-board.
- Daily reports about your child (eating, sleep, learning and care updates).
- Long term reports about your child based on observations and assessment.
- Webcam system that allows you access to view your child throughout their session.
- Nursery policies published in our reception and buggy park area.
- Parent and carer evenings.
- Monthly Newsletter.
- Parent and carer surveys to make sure we stay close to how you feel about us and to improve.
- Facebook – we carefully select how to use social media to stay in touch.
- Links with schools, health centres and local businesses.
Hopefully, you and your child will be with us for many years, so it is therefore essential that we establish an environment that makes it easy to exchange information and views. We also want to make it easy for you, as well as your child, to make new acquaintances and friends and we will provide lots of opportunities for this to happen.